What if I told you that most people don’t even know what their true dreams are?
What if I told you that the things you say are your dreams aren’t actually your true dreams? That they don’t really wake you up in the morning, keep you up at night, or keep you going when life gets tough.
It’s hard to believe, but it’s true. Yes, you have dreams. You have goals. You have aspirations. But do you know the things deep down inside that drive you?
So what are your true dreams?
Exercise 1: Explore your curiosity. Delve into your past. Chase some wild geese.
To find your true dreams, the things that really drive you, you first need to use your imagination.
Don’t be afraid to explore your curiosity. Don’t be afraid to chase a few wild geese. That’s what wild geese are for.
What if I told you that the first step to finding your true dreams and experiencing a life of success and joy is actually pretty easy? Yep, you just need to make the time to think. To explore your imagination, your memories, and your curiosity.
To ask yourself the questions that most people never dare to ask:
- What was I passionate about when I was a child?
- What were my favorite subjects in school?
- What am I fascinated by today? (No restrictions, no limits, no holding back. Anything is on the table here.)
- What questions do I have that remain unanswered?
- When I daydream, what do I daydream about?
Ignite your imagination. I’ve heard it said that your imagination is like a GPS system. It’s powerful when used correctly, but in order for it to work, you have to turn it on first.
It’s time to power on your imagination, delve into your curiosities, remember the long lost passions of your youth, and find your true dreams today.
Exercise 2: Look to the future. See what’s possible. Write your script.
What do you want your life to look like? It does not matter even one bit what your life is like today. What do you want it to look like?
One year from now. Five years from now. Ten, twenty, or fifty. Look into the future.
The key here is to invest every drop of your creative energy looking at the rest of your life, not focusing on what it looks like now. You cannot change the past, not even five minutes ago. Any time spent there during this step is useless. It’s wasted energy.
Ask yourself these questions that most people never dare to ask:
- If money were no object, what would I do with my time? (Yes, it’s cliché, but a powerful question to ask)
- What do I truly want me life to look like?
- Who do I want to be?
- What do I want to be?
- What does my ideal day, week, month, and year look like?
- What will be my major accomplishments in the next year? Next five years? Next ten, twenty, or fifty?
- What type of legacy do I want to leave?
- For my family?
- For my friends?
- For my community?
- For the world?
- How do I want to be remembered?
Write the script of your life. Write your own script. Not someone else’s. Not the one your parents wrote for you. Not the one you saw on TV or read about in a book. Your script.
Exercise 3: Work back to today. Make it real. Take action.
You’ve looked to the past, you’ve looked to the future, and you’ve explored your curiosities and imagined what can be. Now let’s make it real. Let’s make it present-tense.
It’s time to ask yourself these questions that most people never dare to ask:
- What will it require of me to live that future?
- What type of information must I learn to live that future?
- Who must I become to live that future?
- What immediate changes must I make?
- What skills must I learn?
- What beliefs must I change?
- Who can help me get there?
This boils down to one simple question:
What would it take to get from where I am now to where I want to be?
Few people dare to ask that question. Even fewer choose to act on it.
When you ask that question and you take the time to actually answer it, you unleash the power of your creative mind. You unleash the spirit you were born with. You unleash the World Changer inside of you.
You will find your true dreams and live them out every day. Full of meaning. Full of purpose. Full of joy.
People will be drawn to you. People will follow you. You will lead others to find their true dreams.
Question: Are you willing to ask these hard questions? Are you ready to find your true dreams? You can leave a comment by clicking here.