What words come to mind when you read or hear the word “routine?”
Routines don’t have to be boring or monotonous. They can be life-changing. (Tweet That) | Share this Graphic on Pinterest | Share on Facebook
Perhaps words like:
Wait a minute! What? That last one doesn’t fit.
Or does it?
What if I told you that routines can be life-changing? What if I told you that the key to achieving your big breakthrough and finding more joy in life could be found in a routine?
Here are three things to remove from your daily routine and three things to add.
Remove these things:
- 10 minutes of social media. I’m not saying to go Amish (I can always make fun of the Amish online because they have no proof I wrote anything). I’m telling you to find 10 minutes to remove. That’s all.
- 15 minutes (or more) of email. There are countless books, articles, and podcasts on managing your email. The KISS method of cutting back on email time is this:
- Check and respond in batches only during certain times of the day. Some brag that they only check twice a day. Great. I work in service industries so that is not optional, but I still stick to a strict schedule of checking email…and I knock out all of them each time.
- Don’t check email on your phone unless you are prepared to reply. You probably waste 5-10 minutes each day reading and marketing as unread only to read again later.
- Follow Rule #7 here and teach other my rules for not sucking at email. They will save you time!