Changing the world starts with one simple act.
It starts with one decision. With one new experience. With one new idea. With a stretching of the mind.
I can assure you that changing the world is rarely as grandiose, glamorous, or difficult as most people think.
“A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” (Tweet That) | Share this Graphic on Pinterest | Share on Facebook
Changing the world usually has roots in one simple act:
That one simple act leads to stretching your mind.
Here are three things to remove from your daily routine and three things to add.
Remove these things:
- 10 minutes of social media. I’m not saying to go Amish (I can always make fun of the Amish online because they have no proof I wrote anything). I’m telling you to find 10 minutes to remove. That’s all.
- 15 minutes (or more) of email. There are countless books, articles, and podcasts on managing your email. The KISS method of cutting back on email time is this:
- Check and respond in batches only during certain times of the day. Some brag that they only check twice a day. Great. I work in service industries so that is not optional, but I still stick to a strict schedule of checking email…and I knock out all of them each time.
- Don’t check email on your phone unless you are prepared to reply. You probably waste 5-10 minutes each day reading and marketing as unread only to read again later.
- Follow Rule #7 here and teach other my rules for not sucking at email. They will save you time!
There is beauty in simplicity…
Have you ever been in a position when all you had left was your dream? What was the result?
What has led you to stop making excuses?