Exhausted. Overworked. Stressed out. Barely getting by. All of those words could describe any of the moms in America today, married or single. That’s who Crystal Paine wrote her latest book, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode, for.
|Goodbye Survival Mode from @MoneySavingMom is not just for moms. Men, you need to read this book! (Tweet That) | Share this Video on Pinterest | Share on Facebook|
Listen to the audio version of this post:
But it’s not just for moms! I’m not sure if you picked up on this, but I am a dude. But I feel all of those things I listed above…on a daily basis. And I also want to help my wife avoid them.
I had the opportunity to read an advanced copy of the book and absolutely loved it. LOVED it.
My advice to all the moms:
Get this book. Devour it. Share it with your husband, friends, and co-workers.
My advice to all the dads/husbands:
Get this book. Devour it. Think of ways to help your spouse. Share it with your daughters and sons and their spouses.
That’s how important this book is.
Below is my full review. You can also read seven of my favorite quotes, like the one below from the book here: Quotes from Crystal Paine’s Goodbye Survival Mode.
Why this book is good for moms
I’m not a mom, but I know two really well. They tell me what they are looking for in a book that claims to help them reduce stress, get more done, and find more time to relax are the following:
- Written from experience. In other words, people with a Y chromosome are out. Crystal is a homeschooling mom of three, ultra-successful blogger at MoneySavingMom.com, and author. Experience, check.
- Not hyperbolic. Crystal isn’t trying to make anyone Supermom with this book. Realistically, the average mom will probably find an extra 30 minutes a day for work, 30 minutes a day for self, and a few minutes extra for other stuff. She’s not overpromising. She is offering realistic advice for all parents.
- Practical advice. Piggy-backing on the last point, her advice is tried (by her) and true (for her). It’s not theoretical. A good example is her advice to cook meat in bulk. I do at least half of the cookie in our house and I’m always browning meat. By doing two or three nights worth at once, I save at least fifteen minutes each week. While simple to do, that adds up big time.
- My way or the highway – No Thanks. This works for her, but she is very up front that her methods work for her. They may not work for you. But she encourages you to explore and find your own ways.
Why this book is good for men
As I mentioned above, this book is not just for busy moms. It’s for everyone.
Here is a quote from the book written for women, but easily applies to men, too.
This book is great for men, especially married and/or with children for the following reasons:
- You can share it with the women in your life. If for no other reason, get this book for your wife, daughter, or buy a few copies for your church or other organization to give out to single moms. (I actually just thought of that one…I’m going to do that myself)
- You’ll understand the moms in your life better. As I read Crystal’s book, it was like being inside a busy mom’s mind. I have a newfound appreciation for what Tara does every day.
- Men feel the same way, too. Stressed, overscheduled, and people-pleasing are not exclusive to moms. As I wrote above, I do a lot of the cooking in our house. I also do my fair share of the laundry, cleaning, and more. I feel the same stress moms feel when someone drops by unexpectedly and the kitchen is full of dishes, the floor has fresh dog vomit, and the half-bath toilet won’t flush. This book will help you.
Special Offer – Ends January 24
As always with my book reviews, this one was glowing. Why? Because I don’t share crappy books with you.
I’m so confident that this book will benefit you, that I offer my guarantee. If it’s not worth the ~$15 you pay for it (price depends on the version), I’ll buy it back from you at full price.
In other words, it’s a risk-free purchase. I am putting my money where my mouth is.
Question: What is one area of life in which you feel overwhelmed the most? You can leave a comment by clicking here.